What’s in your future? Maybe a signed copy of Risa Green’s new novel, The Secret Society of the Pink Crystal Ball, or maybe even a $250 shopping spree! Enter our “What Would You Wish For?” Video Trailer Contest and find out if winning is your destiny!
Imagine that you had a magic crystal ball that could make everything you asked for come true…what would you wish for? A date with a Jonas Brother? A new laptop? Straight As in school? Shoot a video of yourself saying what you would wish for and send it to us! The ten best wishes will win a signed copy of The Secret Society of the Pink Crystal Ball by Risa Green and will be featured in the video book trailer you saw on the home page. The girl with the best wish will receive a $250 gift card to spend anywhere you want!
- You must be a girl, between the ages of eleven and fourteen.
- Your wish must be in the form of a yes or no question. For example, “Will I win this contest?” is the CORRECT way to ask. “I wish that I will win this contest” is the INCORRECT way to ask. Entries that are not in the form of a yes or no question will be disqualified.
- Your video should be of you, asking your question, and should be no more than ten seconds long.
- You’ll need your parent’s permission to enter the contest, and if you’re selected, we’ll need their permission for your video to be shown in the book trailer.
- Entries must be received by October 31, 2010. The winners will be notified no later than November 5, 2010.
- Make sure you film yourself in a quiet place, with lots of light.
- When coming up with your wish, try to think of something that you would really want for yourself, in the immediate future. So while it would be thoughtful to ask if there will be world peace, and it would be fun to ask if you’ll win an Oscar when you’re thirty, we’re more interested in questions that have to do with you and your life right now.
- It’s simple! Just upload your video onto You Tube and tag it “The Secret Society of the Pink Crystal Ball Video Entry.” Then send the link via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In your email, please include the following:
- your name and age
- the state you live in
- the email address of your parent or guardian (for permission purposes only. We will not use or sell email addresses, promise!).
- Email submissions which do not include all of the above information will be disqualified from the contest.